Wednesday 20 July 2016

Nivea Caring Micellar Water Review


Buy here for £3.99

I've finally decided to find out what all the fuss about micellar water is. Maybe I'm always a bit late with trends but I'm quite set in my ways when it comes to beauty products and I don't want to try something out if it's going to be a waste of money.

That being said, I can confirm that I regret not trying it sooner. My love/hate relationship with make-up wipes is over because micellar water has taken their place by my sink.

The Product


Nivea's take on micellar water is a 3-in-1 cleanser that removes eye make-up whilst caring for your eyelashes, effectively cleanses your skin deeply to remove other make-up and moisturises your skin too.


Simply apply a decent (but not too big) of an amount to a cotton pad and get removing your make-up!

In comparison to make-up wipes, this certainly removes make-up quicker and doesn't leave a strange feeling of moisture on your skin. Even if you accidentally put too much of the water on a cotton pad and make your face a bit wetter it will dry without leaving a residue.

Does It Work?


Above is a picture of the evidence to show it works. I had put eyeliner, foundation, glittery eyeshadow and lipstick on my hand and afterwards, as you can see, it has gone. Everything apart from the eyeliner was removed after I had wiped my hand with the cotton pad once, it took a few more wipes for that to go.

However, I pointed out that the eyeshadow was glittery because afterwards there was still a few glittery molecules on my hand meaning there could also still be make-up in my pores.

I always cleanse twice, once with a make-up remover then with a cleansing facial wash. This makes sure I get all the make-up out my pores and I end the day with a completely clean face. I would recommend doing this after using the micellar water, especially if you suffer from spots or blocked pores.

Conclusion

As I mentioned at the beginning - I'm a convert. Not only does it not leave an unfavourable residue behind on your skin like make-up wipes do, but it takes less time that a wipe too.

It doesn't remove every speck of make-up but I wouldn't expect it too as a make-up remover anyway. I think this micellar water would be great if you were camping or somewhere without a place to remove your make-up, however, because it does a pretty good job.

I also think it moisturises your skin very well and if I didn't do a cleansing wash after using this then I wouldn't need to apply any moisturiser because my skin doesn't feel dry at all and I suffer from dry patches of skin every so often.

The only negative thing about this is that it's almost £4 and in just under 2 months I have almost finished the bottle. If it would be committed to buying this product again if it was marginally cheaper but I am still not sure if I should buy another one again.

I give this 4.5/5

Have you tried Nivea's caring micellar water? What do you think about it? Or do you know of another brand that does a better version? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments