Tuesday 12 January 2016

Neutrogena Visably Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash | Review



If you feel like changing up your skin care routine for the new year (and yes, I will probably talk about new year changes in every post I do in January just to fore warn you), I suggest that picking a new facial cleanser is a good way to go about it.

I have been using the Simple Kind To Skin Foaming Cleanser for coming up to 2 years now and I think that I need a well deserved change. I have been as loyal to my foaming cleanser as it has been to me but a new cleanser might bring new excitement to my currently dull skin care routine.






























The Product


Specially formulated to help 'eliminate blackheads and spots'. the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash looks and feels clean and refreshing. My skin has resulted to that same feeling also.

I have been using this for around 3 weeks and, though I wasn't anticipating any massive changes, my skin does feel less oily and more clear. I don't suffer from spots or terrible blackheads but I would wrestle my clogged pores to the ground if I could. Because the fresh grapefruit smell also plays a part in the sensation of cleanliness, my clogged pores are breathing a bit more air than they used to.

One thing that I would say about this product is that it contains sodium laureth sulphate which, in foaming cleansers, can be very drying on the skin. My Simple Foaming Cleanser doesn't contain it and I have noticed that, in comparison, my skin feels drier with the Neutrogena Facial Wash before I apply my moisturiser. Because of this, I recommend that if you shouldn't use this if you are prone to dry skin.

The Cleaning Test







































I like to do this with every cleanser I try. I put a load of different make up products on my hand and marvel at what kind of miracles the cleanser could do for me. As you can see, I put lip tint, eye liner, eye shadow and BB cream on my hand and put the Neutrogena Facial Wash into action!


I massaged the wash into my hand, as I would on my face, using warm water and within a minute all the make up was gone (not even a hint of eye liner was left behind). And just like my face experiences, the back of my hand felt cleansed and refreshed. 

If I'm honest, I wasn't expecting it to cleanse this well so I am thoroughly impressed, Neutrogena!

The Bottom Line


If you want a very affordable everyday facial wash then this is perfect for you. It will leave you with a lovely-smelling fresh face and pores that are clean. However, be aware if you get dry skin because this is not likely to help you at all there. 

I give Neutrogena Visably Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash 7/10

- Zin

Comments